- The FRIO Cooling Case will improve the life of anyone dependent on insulin or many other temperature-sensitive medications.
- The FRIO is a reusable evaporative cooler whose cooling properties do not come from an icepack – or anything that needs refrigeration. Its cooling properties come from the evaporation of water. When activated, it keeps its temperature under 78F for a minimum of two days, even in temperatures of 100°F.
- For a FRIO to be activated, simply soak it in water for 5 – 10 minutes. It retains its cooling properties for a minimum of two full days. After that, re-soak it in water and it is good for another two days – and so on, and so on…
- While a traditional medication cooling case gives you a six to eight hour “chain” to refrigeration, FRIO cuts that chain. The FRIO offers the security of not being dependent on refrigeration for the life-critical cooling of your insulin. It gives you freedom and flexibility to enjoy life as you choose.
- Furthermore, because you do not need an icepack or the surrounding insulating materials, the FRIO wallet is lighter and smaller than traditional medication-cooling cases. There are various sizes of FRIO available – some small enough to fit in your jean pocket.